College life can be very challenging as we attempt to transition from face-to-face to online classes. It can be especially difficult to have a structured schedule with everything being online.
Here are some scheduling tips for taking online courses at EMU:
Make sure your sleeping and eating patterns are the same
- Set a timer or an alarm for when it’s time for you to go to bed.
- Create a time frame where you will eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Eat healthy snacks and drink water in between classes and virtual meetings
Use a planner for writing down homework and extracurricular activities
- Write your classes in order from Monday-Friday
- Highlight important dates (finals, essays, and tests)
Find free time between your classes and job scheduling
- Any free time between your classes, eat or work on homework, etc.
Remember to relax
- Make sure you take breaks
- Recharge your brain by reading your preferred books or magazines
- Take time for yourself. Feel free to take a break away from your phone, laptop, and other electronics.
- If you find yourself having a hard time dealing with online classes, the Holman Success Center aims to support students. Talk to Success Coaches.
- Supplemental Instructor
- Peer Academic Coaches
- For mental health needs and crisis intervention, talk to Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
About the Writer
Hello, My name is Bianca Ramsey and I am currently a Junior at EMU. I am pursuing a BA in Media Studies & Journalism with a minor in Communication, in addition to being a reporter and writer for the Eastern Echo.